Skip to main content

I Write Erotic Stories!

 I write erotica! I write smut! I write dirty stories!




That is not something most people would ever admit to or even think that they would say to someone. Erotica in a way is still a taboo subject. Would you admit it to your mother? I know I haven’t! I was asked by my partner’s family what I write and it was hmm ermm well romance. And it isn’t because I am ashamed of writing erotica it’s just because I really don’t want to deal with the questions. No, the stories are not based in any way on my life. No, I don’t need experience of the events to write about them any more than a fantasy writer needs to know how to do magic to write about a wizard.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0852Q7SGY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0852Q7SGY&linkCode=as2&tag=soniashade-20&linkId=6c99e3f94bab6864fc4b68181a64497a




Don’t expect fame

Every one of my stories has zero reviews on Amazon! Zero! Even the story that was downloaded ninety times in a day! Why is that? Because the people that read erotica do not want people knowing they read it, so they don’t usually write reviews. Yes, I know some books do have reviews on Amazon etc but if you have 1000s of sales someone is bound to review your work even if it is only your best friend.
My stories to be perfectly honest with you are more smut than erotica. I’ve read other peoples work in my genre and well they are more like Shakespeare than what I write there is a skill in writing erotica or even smut. It takes a long time to get it right and the editing can be a chore just like with any other kind of writing.
‘She creeps across the floor towards her lover’s king size bed like a cat stalking its prey her feet barely making any noise on the polished wooden floor, her large exposed bosom rising and falling in excitement’ Erotic romance kind of wording.
‘She stomps across the room to her slave’s rope bound body hanging from the wall chains her high heels making a noise like a horny animal tapping its claws on the bare floorboards, her huge tits bouncing with every step she takes’ Erotica, not quite the same wording.
It is actually quite good fun to write erotica and you can write as much as you want and in whatever format you want, short story, novella, novel etc.
There are many different sub-genres of erotica: romance, fantasy, science fiction, historical and so on. So you aren’t limited to the human race or even this planet!

Will it make me rich?

Probably not but you can make money writing erotica and some writers although not what you would call rich and famous they still make a fairly good living off of it. How much is a fairly good living? Well, that would depend on how much work you are willing to put in! It is like every other job if you write one or two stories you aren’t going to make a lot of money unless you get really lucky and someone important like a movie producer or big-time publisher thinks it is the best thing since the bible. But more than likely you will make a couple of sales because nobody knows your name.

Volume is key

The more books or stories you put out there the more chance you have of making money. This still needs to be quality work, don’t mistake quantity over quality. Simple things like grammar mistakes, tense, spelling and book covers that are either too simple or overdone. Overdone is a problem in the erotica genre sometimes people go overboard with the designing and there is just too much on the cover.

What should I write about?

Write about whatever you want. If you are into threesomes then write about threesomes you can always add more kinks and situations later as you get more experienced or start to notice what is selling. When I first started writing BDSM was very popular because of the Fifty Shades series. But sub-genres go in and out of fashion just like everything else. What was popular a few months ago might not be popular today. Experiment a little look at the top of the erotic genre on Amazon for example and you will see which sub-genre it has been put in. My best selling story was classified as Lesbian Erotica and Bisexual Erotica even though there was only one bisexual scene in it!

Where do I publish?

Personally, I publish on Amazon because it is the easiest. You can use KDP Kindle Direct Publishing and its software I write in word put it through Grammarly then I copy and paste it back to Word after which I import the .doc to Kindle Create. You can also use the KDP inbuilt cover creator which gives you a wide range of templates and fonts to make your covers look like you put some effort into them.
There are other options Draft2Digital being one which publishes your work to many different outlets including the Apple store and Amazon, unfortunately, you do not get Kindle Unlimited reads if you publish through Draft2Digital but if you want your work to be circulated wider than it is a good site to use. I will be publishing some works on there in the future.

Conclusion

Find your genre or niche
Write more than one or two books or stories try for ten plus
Make sure your cover is up to standard
Basic editing such as grammar and spelling mistakes is a must





Sonia Shade


<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-9706847242778065" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behave As If Your Writing Is A Business

                                                                                               It is your business!  

My worst nightmare as an erotica writer has come true!

My worst nightmare as an erotica writer has come true! Recently I have been getting some people messaging me on social media not understanding that I write about sex, including threesomes, foursomes, bisexual experiences, cuckolding, and so on  BUT  I do  NOT  participate in these activities! Well, I say some people mostly men sending me often rude and disrespectful messages and a few unwanted pictures. There was even an instance of my partner getting abuse by a woman during a discussion because I write erotica! When he called her on what she meant by what she was implying as it was nothing to do with what they were talking about she quoted one of my stories! The good point about this is that the part of the story she was referencing was about halfway through the tale so she must have paid for it or read it on KU.  The Difference Between Fantasy And Reality! This was my worry when I started writing erotica that people might think I am speaking from experience rather than just making st

How To Sell Erotica?

That is a good question! A lot of people don't actually realize how hard it is to sell a story or a book                                                             Social Media   I know, this is what every single blogger etc says. And they would be right. It is true social media is a very powerful marketing tool. You don't need to have hundreds of thousands of followers because of how social media works your post can be spread to hundreds of thousands of people even if those accounts don't follow you. A lot of people think you need 1000s of followers to use social media effectively to market your writing. But actually, you only need a few people that have large amounts of followers that follow you! Case in point my second week of publishing stories at the time I had just four short erotic stories published. I decided to do a free promotion on Amazon. Because it was free! I was dreaming people would download it and give me fame and then they would buy my o